Your Job Application to our Headquarters in Schwaebisch Hall
RECARO Aircraft Seating
When applying for an open position in our company, the completeness of all the documents you submit is key. The cover letter, the CV and all relevant certifications and references must be attached to your application for us to take it into consideration.
But, of course, there is much more that goes into preparing a successful application. Here are some tips you should keep in mind.
The Cover Letter
The cover letter is your business card. It is the first communication we get to see from you. Especially in the case of a cover letter for a job application, there is no second chance to make a great first impression. With this in mind, it only makes sense that you do it right.
Be creative. Inspire us with your motivation. How has your career path led you to RECARO Aircraft Seating? And why are you ideally suited to the open position in our company? Find a way to leave a lasting impression, so that there is no way around our getting to know you. Pay special attention to individuality. You won’t impress us with cover letters copied from the Internet. Instead, develop your own ideas – ones that suit both you and our company.
Make sure to check your application carefully for spelling and punctuation before submitting it. A cover letter with typographic or grammatical errors will not get very far with us and will be sorted out immediately. Additionally, your cover letter should not be longer than a DIN A4 page.
Today, a lot of helpful information on laying out and structuring your application can be found on the Internet. So take advantage of what is out there.
Our tip: A creative subject line to introduce your cover letter can go a long way towards positively differentiating you from other applicants.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
In addition to the cover letter, the CV is the most important decision criterion for an invitation to a personal interview. So make sure to pay special attention to a clear structure and to completeness. As with the cover letter, spelling or grammatical errors in the CV would quickly disqualify an applicant. Please be aware of this.
The CV always begins with “CV” or “Curriculum vitae” as a heading. Your personal details – such as name, address, date and place of birth – should follow. A professionally shot application photo can be added optionally to the first page of the CV. It is up to you whether you incorporate it flush-right or centered.
In the main part of the CV, the first step is to specify your educational background. Whether you choose a chronologically ascending or descending structure is up to you. Traditionally, an ascending variant is used, beginning with the listing of the first relevant stage of education and ending with your current stage. However, we advise you to opt for a descending variant, since it enables us to see at a glance which degree(s) you have.
After presenting your educational background, the next step is to list your work experience. This includes experience acquired in your current position as well as during your previous employment stages. If you haven’t been working for very long, you could include work experience that you acquired while in school or in addition to your studies.
The last paragraph of the CV should highlight your specific areas of knowledge, skills and interests. These include, for example, computer or language skills. Are you a member of a club? Do you volunteer? Let us know.
The CV concludes with the place and current date. You should also hand-sign the CV.
Your Interview at RECARO Aircraft Seating
If your cover letter and CV caught our attention and impressed us, you will be invited to a first interview. Congratulations, you mastered the first challenge!
The objective of the first interview is for us to get to know each other. We would also like to talk to you in more detail about the open position and your prospects at RECARO Aircraft Seating.
As a rule, we would use a first phone call or video interview via Skype to get to know more about you and to introduce ourselves.
If, after the first interview, we come to the conclusion that you should be included in the shortlist of candidates, a second, personal interview will be scheduled to take place at our business premises.
If you goal is to impress us, here are some tips that you should keep in mind:
- Preparing well for the personal, face-to-face interview is of utmost importance. Find out as much as you can about RECARO Aircraft Seating. Our homepage is ideally suited to provide you with background information. Additionally, think about some questions you might like to ask us. This also applies to the first telephone or Skype interview.
- Prepare a short presentation of yourself and your background, highlighting the most important positions on your CV. This presentation should not take more than five minutes. Think about what may not have been communicated in your CV. Also, give some thought to your strengths and weaknesses, as well as your vision of the future.
- Be sure to show up on time for the interview. Nothing makes a worse impression and costs us valuable time than your being late. If on your way to the interview, you see that you are going to be late, be sure to let us know.
- Wear clothing that is well suited to the position you are applying for, thank your contact person after the interview and make sure to goodbye as you leave.
- Most importantly, be yourself and be genuine. We are looking forward to meeting you and to getting to know you.