As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Test Seat Build Lead
Job ID: 2019-1480
Provide technical, personnel, and leadership support of the daily activities associated with the Test Seat Build department with general supervision.
- Ensure quality products are assembled in support of customer Testing program Timeline.
- Organize and assign work to meet the Test Seat Build schedules.
- Monitor and communicate the Test seat production results and submit the efficiency report.
- Conduct meetings with the Test seat production line to review performance and challenges.
- Ensure the proper provisioning of the production line (tools, hardware, consumables).
- Effectively communicate and elevate issues impacting the daily performance of the test seat build from Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and Logistics to the Testing Manager and/or Testing Supervisor.
- Assess the efficiency of each operator and request training or disciplinary action as necessary.
- Support Test article deviations by documenting any deviations from the control sheet with the support of Project Engineering, Verification Engineering, Test Engineering and Quality Departments.
- Review and provide daily attendance reports.
- Track unused parts for each test seat commission and return unused parts to logistics
- Track request for missing parts and damaged parts for each test seat production commission.
- Communicate regularly with the Quality inspector to be aware of the quality issues found.
- Communicate production/quality issues back to the Engineering team ( Project Engineer / Verification Engineer/Testing Engineer/Supply Chain); follow-up to confirm all issues are resolved.
- Lead and facilitate the Test Seat Build meetings.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized workplace; Conduct regular housekeeping audits.
- Support and maintain 5S initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Relevant work experience in lieu of degree accepted.
- Degree + 3 years’ (or no degree and 6+ years) of aircraft seat assembly or closely relevant & related experience. Knowledgeable of the entire seat assembly process.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints or technical drawings
- Experience leading the day to day work of others; prioritize tasks, monitor performance and provide feedback to management
- Proven experience problem solving technical
- Ability to lead and facilitate effective meetings
- Experience doing root cause analysis
- Experience with Lean Methodology
- Strong of aviation legislations, quality and environmental requirements and standards of quality management are preferred (FAA Part 21, EASA Part 21, AS 9100, ISO 14001).
- Ability to lead meetings and facilitate meetings
- Must have experience with reading and interpreting Bill of Materials
- Knowledge of aviation legislations, quality and environmental requirements and standards of quality management are preferred (FAA Part 21, EASA Part 21, AS 9100, ISO 14001).
- Experience using CDB
Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Certificates and Licenses:
Lean/Six Sigma is a plus
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.