As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Technical Support Manager
Manage the company After Sales Technical Support and ensure all processes are in compliance with the certification authorities’ requirements and being followed by employees and ensure the development of After Sales volume of business is in accordance with strategic company goals by actively promoting After Sales capabilities to potential customers and develop sales.
- Develop and maintain a Technical support strategic capability roadmap in support of the company strategic direction to ensure initiatives are executed to achieve road map and strategic goals
- Manage the administration of the warranty process for the company’s products in accordance with the contracts and conduct warranty review with the customer negotiating warranty decisions.
- Plan and budget capital expenditures as they relate to the product support department, such as repair tooling, software and systems, computers and ensure the implementation of such systems once capital expenditures are approved by senior management.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal and legal regulations (especially industry specific) in the area of delegation. Inform the superior in case of deviations as well as initiate corrective measures.
- Utilize real world experience to provide a "field perspective" to Recaro’s program management, engineering, and manufacturing teams
- Develop and implement key support processes and procedure
- Supervise and support preparation of instillation manuals, service bulletins based on field investigations, engineering changes, and overall knowledge of product
- Provide on-site customer support, technical assistance and training as needed
- Consolidate and report customer feedback to effectively identify and implement product or process improvements
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Act as the customer advocate for continuous improvement of the entire customer experience
- Assist engineering and manufacturing with troubleshooting defects and e valuation of internal processes
- Report to management regarding customer satisfaction and product performance
- Review performance reports and documentation from end users, maintenance managers, intermediate suppliers, and field representatives to determine nature and scope of problem
- Work closely with and provide technical assistance to the sales team
- Guide, motivate and develop subordinate staff within the framework of company guidelines.
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluations of direct reports, including performance management, identifying training needs, capacity building and succession planning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 6 years of experience with an FAA/EASA Certified Repair Station in a management position).
- 5 years of mechanical assembly/mechanical repair experience preferably with commercial airline seats.
- 3 years or more in a supervisory/leadership role
- 5 years of Aftermarket, Technical, Repair, or Technical Sales experience preferably with commercial airline customers.
- Knowledgeable about PY, Y, and B/C seating products costs and development
- Insight to airline decision matrix for supplier selection
- Ability to write and implement business/sales plans
- Guide, motivate, and develop subordinate staff within the framework of company expectations and guidelines.
- Ability to read, write, understand contracts and proposals
- Ability to formulate complex technical sales proposals
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external C-Level individuals
- Basic knowledge on how to communicate with a globally diverse set of cultures.
- Must be able to read and understand both standard and metric measuring system, precision measuring tools, torque wrenches, and ability to operate electric and pneumatic power tools in a safe manner.
- Extensive sales and business development experience in commercial passenger seating
- SAP and CDB experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record with DMV.
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to solve problems with little or no guidance
- Ability to organize small groups to effectively accomplish organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized in daily work situation.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed. Overtime may be required in some cases on short notice.
- Ability and willingness to travel in or out of state on short notice as needed
Must have working knowledge with a PC and be proficient with Microsoft software and Salesforce.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.