As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Supplier Development Auditor - Soft Goods
This position is responsible for assisting in developing a global supply base by evaluating suppliers core competencies, capabilities, and capacity as well as process controls, quality, and understanding of AS9100 requirements. Additional responsibilities include ongoing management of performance metrics, onsite evaluation, and management of corrective actions.
- Ensure the product/process compliance of suppliers in assigned portfolio with relevant normative/regulatory requirements as well as RECARO’s technical and quality standards
- Develop suppliers by providing support and guidance for compliance to technical and quality requirements, follow-up their performances and drive continuous improvement of quality and delivery
- Perform audits at suppliers in order to evaluate supplier’s compliance level (incl. planning, announcement and follow-up of actions)
- Position includes significant travel portion, approx. 50% of time (both domestic and international)
- In collaboration with SPC & SPG, evaluate potential suppliers by means of quality and capability audits; contribute actively to decisions concerning supplier approval and supplier strategy
- If necessary, train and coach new suppliers to meet RECARO process requirements and to understand BOMs, Drawings, and Quality requirements.
Monitor supplier quality performance and support monthly supplier management review of KPI’s as well as maintenance of quality statistics and chart quality metrics
- Permanently monitor dedicated supplier portfolio in terms of quality performance, requirement compliance and maintain reporting
- Record and analyze quality non-conformities (e.g. out of audits, supplier evaluation, supplier KPI monitoring), analyze root causes and define supplier actions
- Act as lead auditor for supplier audits
- Trigger Supplier Risk Analysis, in collaboration with SPC perform Risk Analysis and mitigation actions if necessary
- Explore methods/tools for continuous improvement of internal process cost reductions and robustness of quality system
- Identify and support potential costs savings, cost reduction actions (cost down projects, etc.)
- Coordinate major quality issues between RAS Quality dept. and suppliers
- Collaboration with DVC team (process qualification) and other quality functions within RECARO
- Manage the interface to suppliers and other departments, especially SPC, SOQ and global SPT
- Balance strategic and operational supplier management of quality and commercial requirements
- Maintain and improve detailed knowledge concerning different technologies and suppliers
- Actively influence global purchasing/supplier strategy at RAS
- Develop and drive efficiency increase of SPT processes and supplier improvement methods
- Follow all office safety policies
- Ensure compliance with all shop floor safety regulations when participating in activities within any production, logistics, warehousing, or staging areas.
- Ensure compliance with all RECARO policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Ensure compliance with any regulatory or governing body to include, but not limited to, AS9100, EN9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, FAA, EASA, Airbus, or Boeing
- Bachelor degree or above; preferred major in Engineering, Quality or related field. Equivalent: technical (dual) education with sound experience and knowledge of commodities, materials and industrial manufacturing processes Auditor qualification (2nd party) in AS9100 & AS14001
- 2 years in the area of Production, (Industrial) Engineering, Purchasing or Quality Management. Preferably in the aviation industry
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.