As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Sales Engineer I
Responsible for the analysis and coordination of the technical aspects of RECARO Aircraft Seating Americas LLC offers. Responsible for translating those technical impacts into financial costs that will be considered within outgoing offers to airline customers worldwide. This is including but not limited to: Offer Evaluation Booklet (OEB) preparation, seat layout (LOPA) preparation and analysis, customer specification analysis, financial analysis and construction of financial models. Ideal candidate will have a strong interest in sales and be comfortable communicating and interacting with customers and suppliers from across the globe.
- Analyzes customer technical specifications received in proposal request and other communications.
- Creates preliminary L.O.P.A.s (layouts of passenger accommodations; seating arrangements) for potential programs through the offer phases of a bid.
- Identifies technical issues with proposed LOPA(s) and offers preliminary solutions. This includes a working knowledge of the certification (FAA) and installation (Boeing, Airbus) requirements for aircraft seating. This training will be provided on the job. Advanced knowledge of these requirements is recommended.
- Develop the technical portions of sales campaigns, working through not only a technical lens, but a financial one. In coordination with various departments within the organization, the Sales Engineer I is responsible for facilitating the development of recurring and non-recurring costs (RC and NRC respectively), required to successfully execute a program. Then, communicating the technical and financial outcomes of that process, throughout various levels of the RECARO organization. As well as to the potential or existing customer in a concise manner relative to the level of the audience.
- Works with engineering, certification, program management, supply chain, production, and other departments to determine certification and capacity requirements.
- In conjunction with Sales Team, may recommend product or service enhancements to improve offerings to our customers, and to increase sales potentials.
- Provides technical and financial information support to the external sales team. This could be in the form of in-house or on-site meetings with potential customers, and aircraft OEMs. Primarily Boeing or Airbus regarding OEMs.
- Prepares configuration, work scope and other technical documents for submission of proposals.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively across a wide spectrum of diverse cultures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new product development throughout the company.
- Communicates with customers directly when required. Generally only concerning technical information, and the financial impacts of technical decisions. But not the actual costs of those decisions. Financial communication falls within the role of the Regional Sales Director (RSD). With whom the selected Sales Engineer candidate, will work closely.
- Occasional domestic and international travel, must keep valid and current passport.
- Demonstrates a desire to proactively learn the aircraft seating industry.
- Be a team player!
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Primarily Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Basic experience with 3D CAD software is required. Preferably Catia v5.
- Ability to learn and navigate various database prominent database systems specifically tailored to our RECARO needs. Namely, Salesforce, Jira, Qlickview, amongst others.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.