As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Quality Supervisor - Final Inspection of Seats
Job ID: 2018-1408
The Quality Assurance Supervisor - Final Inspection of Seats is responsible for directing and managing the activities of the final inspections and inspectors in a manner that ensures all the production process, and final product meet the approved specifications as well as customer and regulatory requirements.
- Manages and directs the quality inspectors in a manner that ensures, the production process, and final product meet the approved specifications as well as customer and regulatory requirements.
- Plans and supervises daily activities of quality inspectors to ensure adherence to established department, organization, and customer specification parameters
- Train inspection team in core quality tools and RECARO processes and best practices.
- Assists in developing inspection plans and balances inspectors workload to ensure effective use of resources.
- Establishes quality control plans for customer programs and ensures final product meets the required control plans. Records and resolves deviations.
- Primary interface between production and quality conformity to ensure final product meets the quality requirements of customer, regulatory authorities, OEM and internal specifications.
- Lead quality metrics reporting and reduce/ prevent defects from reaching customer using analysis tools and structured problem solving methodologies while working with other interfaces as necessary.
- Develops and maintains quality statistics, charts defects and non-conformities utilizing computer system. Maintains all relevant documentation and works to resolve issues by addressing root cause of the deviations/ non-conformities.
- Coordinates closely with other RECARO sites to ensure consistency with practices, procedures and specifications
- Address Quality escapes from RECARO quality system, through structured problem solving for root cause/corrective actions.
- Participate actively in continuous improvement program and corrective action projects, contributing by leading specific improvement activities
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluations of direct reports, including performance management, identifying training needs, capacity building and succession planning
- Implement standard work for key processes for quality inspectors and support improvement activities and techniques to improve systems, reducing waste and cost, driving program and business excellence in seat assembly operations.
- Takes preventive or corrective action to remedy the problem
- Support Lean and 5S initiatives
- As necessary, performs quality assurance inspections of production process
- Assists and offers solutions for the successful resolution of quality issues. Responsible for new and improved methods for continuous improvement of the quality management system
- Maintains complete knowledge of the Quality Management Manual and relevant procedures and follows all guidelines as defined by ISO 9001/AS9100 standards, Airbus and Boeing requirements, customer requirements, FAA and other regulatory authorities
- Is an MRB board member, as necessary calls Materials Review Board Meeting and is part of the decision making process Prepares periodic reports pertaining to quality issues and their resolution
- Initiates a meeting and facilitates the decision-making process when materials deviate from quality standards.
- Facilitate APQP/ PPAP implementation through inspection processes/ procedures.
- Capability to develop and implement PFEMAs and Control Plans as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in engineering or a closely related discipline.
- 2+ years of related experience involving Manufacturing, quality engineering and Quality Assurance
- Prior relevant experience managing/supervising teams
- Experience with structured problem solving approach, using lean tools such as 8D, A3 root cause analysis, 5-Why and Ishikawa, etc.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality systems and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to solve problems with little or no guidance
- Ability to organize small groups to effectively accomplish organizational goals
Must be able to read engineering drawings, complete basic statistical computations, write detailed reports, understand and apply the requirements of the Quality Management Manual and its procedures. Be able to use considerable judgement and discretion in the discharge of your duties. Must have total familiarity with product, its composition and the methods of production as well as an in-depth knowledge of quality guidelines, including customer requirements and the FAA. Must have work experience in the Quality Inspection area.
Proficient in SAP and CDB systems. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Preferred.
Ability to manage multiple teams and get positive results.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.