As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Quality Projects Engineer I
Job ID: 2018-1348
Performs quality control inspections, checks, and tests during the manufacture of products. Inspects materials, parts and products at different stages of production. Records observations and drives changes/ recommendations for improving processes.
- Establishes quality control plans for customer programs and ensures final product meets the required control plans. Records and resolves deviations.
- Acts as a liaison between customer program activities to final/ source inspectors to ensure final product meets the quality requirements of customer, regulatory authorities, OEM and internal specifications.
- Analyze and assist in driving the DPU (Defects per Unit) reduction along with production team.
- Liaise with OEM (Airbus and Boeing) inspection to reduce factory defects found at OEM facility.
- Performs Quality inspections in a manner that ensures all quality and production standards are met and the final product meets RECARO engineering specifications, customer, and regulatory requirements (FAA, EASA, LBA, and other CAA) and OEM (Airbus and Boeing) specifications.
- Assists and offers solutions for the successful resolution of quality issues. Suggests new and improved methods for continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Maintains quality statistics, charts defects and nonconformities utilizing computer system. Maintains all relevant documentation.
- Is a Material Review Board (MRB) member, calls MRB Meeting and is part of the decision making process. Prepares periodic reports pertaining to quality issues and their resolution from First Article Inspection (FAI) and Customer Seat Inspection (CSI)
- As needed, calls MRB Meeting and is part of the decision making process. Prepares reports pertaining to quality issues and their resolution.
- Initiate quality documentation as required concerning issues of assembly and/or materials.
- Moderate to heavy use in SAP and CDB
- Perform root cause analysis of defects data and drive improvements
- Coordinates closely with other RECARO sites to ensure consistency with practices, procedures and specifications.
- Work to resolve issues by driving down to root cause.
- Support Lean and 5S initiatives
- Participate actively in continuous improvement program and corrective action projects, contributing by leading specific improvement activities
- Assists and implements solutions for the successful resolution of quality issues. Suggests new and improved methods for continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Maintains complete knowledge of the Quality Management Manual and relevant procedures and follows all guidelines as defined by ISO9001/AS9100, Airbus and Boeing requirements, customer requirements, FAA and other regulatory authorities.
- Perform First Article Inspection on seats and prepare documentation in accordance with AS9102/ISO-9102.
- Create MRBs to document non-conformities observed during final inspection, and first article inspection of the seat assembly and implements solutions
- Performs conformity inspection on test articles (seats and flammability test coupons).
- Perform periodic review of the internal seat First Article Inspection (FAI) and Customer Seat Inspection (CSI) processes, and make continuous improvements to both.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1 year of experience in standard concepts, practices, and procedures desired, but not required
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and Bill of Materials (BoM), complete basic statistical computations, write detailed reports, understand and apply the requirements of the Quality Management Manual
- Familiarity with products, its composition and the methods of production as well as an in-depth knowledge of quality guidelines, including customer requirements and regulatory requirements and procedures
- Be able to use considerable judgement and discretion in performing your duties.
- This position is an entry level position requiring a basic knowledge of production process and quality requirements.
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to travel internationally
- Be able to work independently as well as be a team player
- Assertive and have problem solving skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to solve problems with little or no guidance
- Ability to organize small groups to effectively accomplish organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.