As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Program Manager II
Job ID: 2020-1535
The Program Manager II is responsible for the coordination of all activities related to the fulfillment of assigned customer orders for commercial aircraft passenger seats, from the time a program is handed over by the Sales department until program closure. The primary focus of the Program Manager is to ensure complete satisfaction of assigned customers with the RECARO Aircraft Seating products and services, maintaining cost, quality and schedule control, as well as RECARO’s quality and design standards. The Program Manager II has primary responsibility to maintain program on time performance, quality, cost and weight targets.
- Manage complex programs from sales handover to program closure with complete responsibility over cost, timeline, scope and quality of the product. Complex programs include but are not limited to:
- Full Certification Testing (Incl HIC)
- Complex IFE Installations
- High Level Customers
- Complex Seat Layouts
- Unique customer requested design solutions
- The PMII must be able to advise the PMI / Assistant PM regarding the aforementioned items
- Responsible to maintain overall program timeline to support of agreed due dates at all times.
- Develop full scale project plan in MS Project
- Manage ZACSA
- Manage MS Tracking database updates
- Negotiate due date changes with OEM and customers
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support overall program baseline in collaboration with project team, senior management and stakeholders.
- Manage program scope and access the impact of scope changes
- Responsible for communication with customers and stakeholders
- Manage Master Change Proposals
- Manage Program budget and coordinate budget changes as necessary
- Service bulletin coordination
- Responsible for program documentation
- Program Action Items (both internal and external)
- Program Team Meeting minutes
- Program Checklist
- Audit files and results
- MCP and Purchase Order filing
- Program Milestone Meeting documentation including Agenda and Meeting minutes
- PSC / IPSC Presentations
- Concessions and commitment letters through OEM product support processes
- Responsible to manage program team to achieve project results:
- Lead program task and team meetings in an efficient manner
- Follow up on open items with each individual prior to their due date
- Agree and maintain OEM submittal requirements and due dates.
- Estimate resources and participants required achieve project goals. Where required, negotiate with department managers for the support of required personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and when not solved in team meetings escalate per the escalation process.
- Define priorities within the project and agree on delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel with clear accountability within the program team.
- Supervise all BFE activities, including the timely placement and receipt of BFE orders, required for CDR, test and production seats.
- Ensure IFE test equipment is loaded with correct software level and is functioning properly to test the required system within contract specifications.
- Responsible for overall program performance
- Primary focal for ITCM, PDR, CDR and other technical meetings
- Responsible to organize implementation of FAI open items
- Interface with OEM contact and provide regular program progress reports to ensure complete visibility of program at all times.
- Continuously monitor OEM ratings and negotiate or correct as required
- Report program difficulties to the program review board and implement the decisions from review board.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Responsible to adhere Department processes and procedures
- Actively participate in team and PMO meetings to support process upgrades or develop new processes/ procedures
- Develop and adhere to program management guidelines and standards for project execution.
- Prepare project audits and implement risk analysis using Recaro standards and tools.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements (as part of lessons learned practice)
- Responsible for obtaining regular input from customers through customer surveys in accordance with department processes.
- Responsible to take on the role as a mentor for less experienced colleagues (Assistant Program Manager / Program Manager I)
- Provide training for Program Management Processes
- Assist in customer meetings / preparations for customer meetings
- Aid in the preparation of program presentations
- Provide availability for question / answer sessions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering is preferred with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Program Management role. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong, proven customer relations skills are required.
- The position requires a high level understanding of engineering concepts and FAA certification procedures for commercial aircraft seats.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and the ability to positively influence customer decisions, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment are required.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. Excellent organization skills are essential.
- Must have excellent internal and external communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Multicultural background is a plus.
- Must have good knowledge in MS Project, SAP, CDB and Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) should be obtained.
- Employees are expected to travel up to 25% of the time both National and International may be required.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.