As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Job ID: 2018-1329
To direct all aspects of the assembly line in a manner that insures the production process, quality and final product meet FAA and other approved specifications.
- Supervise the assembly process in a manner that ensures quality standards are met and the final products meets FAA and Customer specifications
- Coordinates with Engineering to ensure Engineering issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinates with production planning to ensure that control sheets are received according to the production plan. Review for accuracy and advise planning if changes are needed
- Coordinates with Logistics and Purchasing to ensure that material flow is constant
- Issue reports for missing or damaged materials. Ensure the Q-note process is being followed
- Problem solve issues related to line damages to reduce scrap
- Maintain records of assembly performance, training, efficiency and attendance. Evaluate operator performance daily and make recommendations for improvement to the Production Manager
- Ensure company guidelines and safety policies are followed
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and disciplining assembly operators in coordination with the Production Manager
- Support line leads in the daily operational challenges
- Support Lean and 5S initiatives
- Support company safety initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Admin, Manufacturing or in related field preferred; or 4+ years of Production/ Assembly experience
Must be able to read, write and interpret technical drawings and instructions
Experience with PC’s and associated software
Knowledge of assembly procedures required; seat assembly preferred
Ability to independently plan and prioritize tasks
Ability to solve problems with little or no guidance
Ability to organize teams to effectively accomplish organizational goals
Excellent interpersonal skills
Must be able to work a flexible schedule
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application, which should be submitted by email. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.