As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO eGaming, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Schwäbisch Hall at the earliest possible date:
Platform Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Job code: 27192
- Representation of the Platform in customer projects
- Perform overall seat level investigations with emphasis on installation drawings and assist in the preparation of platform documents on overall seat requirements
- Ensure execution of engineering layout and overall seat design according to project schedule and budget
- Derive work packages from the specifications and hand them over to specialist department (e.g.: module) or assign them to external service providers
- Definition and support of externally outsourced work packages with final assessment and acceptance of results
- Preparation of definition documents as well as parts lists, execution of layout investigations under consideration of the applicable regulations
- Participation in planning and budgeting of platform development projects and customer projects
- Degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Relevant professional experience in a design environment
- Initial experience in project management and technical guidance is desirable
- Catia V5 knowledge or similar is required
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Structured way of working and well developed problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team, high level of initiative and decision-making skills complete the profile
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Melanie Alius looks forward to receiving your application, which should be submitted using our online career portal. Your personal information will be kept confidential. Particular consideration will be given to equally qualified applicants (m/f/d) with severe disabilites.
RECARO Aircraft Seating GmbH & Co. KG, Tel.: +49 791 503-5881