As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
MRP Planning Supervisor
Job ID: 2018-1339
Implement strategies to ensure that RECARO receives the right part, at the right place, at the right time, and for the right price. Collaborate with Purchasing and Logistics to make sure all parts are available in accordance with the production schedule. Implement best practices within the MRP Controlling organization to establish lean operations to maximize efficiencies. Collaborate with other functional areas to align strategies and operations to meet company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Follow and enforce all office safety policies
- Ensure compliance with all shop floor safety regulations when participating in activities within any production, logistics, warehousing, or staging areas.
- Assure compliance with all RECARO policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Guarantee compliance with any regulatory or governing body to include, but not limited to, AS9100, EN9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, FAA, EASA, Airbus, or Boeing
- Develop strategic plan for the team’s area of responsibility
- Ensure the plan is in line with the site strategy as well as the global supply chain strategy
- Manage all pertinent metrics and KPIs using system of record
- Manage all job descriptions in your area of responsibility and ensure that they are still aligned with the departmental and company strategy and revise as needed
- Set goals for the team that are in line with the department, site, group, and holding
- Lead all team members to set individual goals accordingly
- Perform quarterly and annual performance reviews with each team member to ensure personal development and company goals are achieved
- Coach, counsel, and mentor team members appropriately depending on their individual development level
- Conduct interviews on an as-needed basis to hire talent that meets the RECARO standard
- Secure adequate training for all employees to perform their daily tasks (one-on-one, peer, best practices, classroom)
- Maintain a training matrix that demonstrates each person’s competencies in all required areas
- Develop, and implement annual plans to ensure each team member receives all required training hours and that all compliance training requirements have been met
- Assign specific and defined areas of responsibility and tasks to each team member and delegate assignments accordingly
- Resolve any issues that might arise with a team member, supplier (internal or external), or customer (internal or external)
- Follow appropriate escalation process if matters cannot be addressed at the team level
- Identify any issues with procedures or systems and develop and implement action plans to resolve and improve
- Perform manpower forecasts to ensure capacity and utilization is adequate and aligned with sales projections
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Masters Preferred, two (2) years of experience in procurement or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college,
- CPM, CPIM, and/or CSCP certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years engineered-to-order procurement
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role
- Ability to read Engineering BOM’s and Drawings
Willing and able to travel throughout the United States and to other countries as required
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.