As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO eGaming, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Schwäbisch Hall at the earliest possible date:
Module Engineer (m/f/d)
Job code: 21541
- Technical responsibility & control of technically subordinate employees for the new and further development of allocated modules of the Business Class seat series in the Composite Design area (Seat Shells, Flaps, Cut&Fold technics)
- Support of externally outsourced tasks with final evaluation and acceptance of the results
- Control of the development work of module-internal teams of assigned component developers or cross-module with other specialist departments
- Ensuring the execution of construction designs for the transferred modules of the various platforms by initiating constructions
- Ensuring constructive product design and dimensioning through concept, design and system FMEA or risk analysis
- Ensuring the technical quality of the design drafts for seat modules by initiating calculations, tests, acceptance tests and DMU checks in accordance with the requirements of the specifications and functional specifications.
- Ensuring the elaboration of the constructive construction documents for all components of the allocated modules in 2D and 3D "in time & cost".
- Control and coordination of module-specific tests and, if necessary, derivation, implementation and monitoring of optimization measures
- Ensuring a smooth approval of the allocated modules in the overall system seat/layout
- Ensuring maintenance of airworthiness of allocated modules
- Completed technical studies in the fields of aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, plastics technology or comparable
- Several years of relevant professional experience in development
- Very good knowledge in the field of composite design, calculation and manufacturing of composite components
- Knowledge of the calculation and design of lightweight structures, ideally also knowledge of the applicable construction and approval regulations, in particular FAR 25
- Experience in project management as well as in the management and control of technically subordinate employees or engineering service providers
- Solid knowledge of a CAD 2D/3D system, preferably CATIA
- Experience in the creation of parts lists, preferably matrix parts lists with a high number of variants
- Knowledge and experience in requirements based engineering, requirement specification, as well as in methods of design validation & verification or assurance of design quality
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with design manuals, as well as the methods of design FMEA
- Sure knowledge of German and English, written and spoken
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Organisational talent as well as distinctive methodical & structured way of working
- Very good communication skills
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Carina Mayer looks forward to receiving your application, which should be submitted using our online career portal. Your personal information will be kept confidential. Particular consideration will be given to equally qualified applicants (m/f/d) with severe disabilites.
RECARO Aircraft Seating GmbH & Co. KG, Tel.: +49 791 503-7854