As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor
Working in a fast-paced team environment, the ME will work cross-functionally across the organization including Quality, Program Management, Logistics, Production Control, Industrial Engineer, and Manufacturing. This position is responsible for executing change using process improvement methodologies, assisting in implementing the organization’s Lean strategy, executing project initiatives, training and mentoring key resources. Oversees, develops, evaluates, improves and implement manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Ensures that project/ department milestones/ goals are met and adhering to approve budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Effectively utilize Lean, Six Sigma, other CI methodologies and support activities for Value Stream Maps (current and future) according to the Lean Operations Roadmap.
- Assist and support current 5S program.
- Lead, participate and support Kaizen Events and A3’s.
- Interfaces with quality, receiving quality, industrial engineering and production to integrate new products or processes into the existing production area.
- Interfaces with industrial engineer and production to develop shop floor photo documentation and standard work instructions.
- Creates an atmosphere for development of new concepts, ideas and methods to support continuous improvement in the department.
- Collaborates with international sites to ensure global processes are being followed and updated with improvements as needed.
- Confers with industrial engineering, program manager and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes as well as tooling and suggest fixtures.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements in conjunction with Industrial Engineering.
- Oversees and maintain the requirements of new tools and fixtures orders for final assembly.
- Oversees and maintain specialty tools to support production flow.
- Develops product, process designs and implements production standard methods to reduce manufacturing costs, applying lean principles while ensuring quality as part of the process.
- Evaluates manufacturing methods by conducting research on programs, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, and assembly process and soliciting observations from operators.
- Assists and oversees in developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with vendors.
- Acts as a First Responder for the production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems. Identifies, communicates and resolves issues in the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot any technical design difficulties w/ operator, which may arise during the manufacture of product and take appropriate action to prevent future occurrences of the problems.
- Direct, review and oversees effectives of training activities for all production assembly employees. This includes the development of new hire and recurrent training. This can include individualized training plans to strengthen an employee’s existing skills or teach new ones.
- Oversees, develop and direct training and development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job-training, meetings and workshops.
- Oversees, develop and direct training for leads and supervisors in techniques and skills for training.
- Create pro-active and responsive training solutions to improve individual, team and organizational performance.
- Prepare and facilitate training courses for employees to include the design of instructional materials for training and participant materials.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes and changes.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line supervisors.
- Plan, develop and direct with employee evaluations and ranking assessments.
- Oversees training records and training database.
- Partner with the Production Supervisor to ensure new manufacturing concepts are implemented.
- Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
- Supervise use of engineering resources to best serve company’s goals.
- Maintain and improve upon all measurements of manufacturing engineering performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Operations, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- 7 or more years of work-related experience preferably in aircraft or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in GD&T.
- Experience in various forms of rapid prototyping including 3D printing.
- Experience in creating and implementing process control as related to production fixtures.
- Advanced Root cause analysis capability using 3D clash analysis and advanced metrology equipment.
- Able to create and review engineering drawings, models and assemblies for manufacturability.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge of Aerospace materials such as metals and plastics.
- Knowledge of Aerospace requirements such as ISO9001 and AS9100.
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to organize a team to effectively accomplish organizational goals.
- Must have good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
Language Ability: Ability to read interpret, analyze documents such as regulations, manuals, policies, procedures, databases and presentations. Ability to write reports and correspondence at a high level. Ability to speak effectively with employees at all levels in the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Complex mathematical problems and solutions require a high-level degree.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Intermediate to proficient in Microsoft Office products. Five or more years of 3D modeling experience
Certificates and Licenses: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification highly preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Employees may be required to travel up to 25% of the time both National and International.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.