As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Manufacturing Engineer I
Working in a fast-paced team environment, the ME will work cross-functionally across the organization including Quality, Program Management, Logistics, Planning, Industrial Engineering, and Manufacturing. This position is responsible for executing change using process improvement methodologies, assisting in implementing the organization’s Lean strategy, executing project initiatives, and training and mentoring key resources. Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods under the mentorship of the Manufacturing Engineer II.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Interfaces with Quality, Receiving Quality, Industrial Engineer and Production to integrate new products or processes into the existing production area.
- Effectively utilize Lean, Six Sigma and other CI methodologies in an appropriate and efficient manner to support the Operations Value Stream.
- Assist and support current 5S program.
- Participate and support Kaizen Events and A3’s.
- Interfaces with Industrial Engineer and Production to develop shop floor photo documentation and standard work instructions.
- Develop and maintain the requirements of new tools and fixtures orders for final assembly.
- Improves and standardizes manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Identify and maintain specialty tools to support production flow.
- Acts as a First Responder for the Production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems. Identifies, communicates and resolves issues in the manufacturing process.
- Assists in developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with vendors.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Interacts with Program Management and design engineering staff concerning product design and tooling, to ensure efficient production methods.
- Support failure analysis and develops together with Production, Quality/Engineering departments effective counter measures.
- Support the implementation of Root Cause Corrective Action.
- Comfortable providing formal and informal training, coaching, and sharing best practices.
- Ability to work in teams and get positive results.
- Creates an atmosphere for development of new concepts, ideas and methods to support continuous improvement in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s in Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 3-7 years related experience with an Associates of Engineering degree.
- A minimum of a H.S. Diploma or GED is required, with 5-7 years of work related experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in field or the related area (Production / Manufacturing Engineering).
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge of Aerospace requirements, materials, and outside processes such as metals and plastics.
- Interpreting Engineering Drawings
- CAD experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus
Intermediate to proficient in Microsoft Office products. 3D Modeling is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Formal Lean and /or Six Sigma trained and certified is a plus.
National and International travel up to 20% may be required.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.