As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Logistics Process Supervisor
Job ID: 2018-1355
The Logistics Process Supervisor is in charge of overseeing the operation and performance of the Inventory team and developing process improvements based upon data analysis using process improvement methodologies.
- Supervise the inventory areas to ensure that appropriate cycle counts are being conducted to satisfy appropriate Inventory accuracy rates as well as required audits by outside agencies.
- Ensures established operational procedures are being followed for all Logistics processes, from incoming to outgoing shipments.
- Allocates 75% of time to drive process improvements within Logistics as well as other departments, some may include International improvements/ projects.
- Organization of Kaizen workshops (Continuous Improvement)
- Plan and optimize logistics processes
- Define material delivery to assembly lines
- Responsible for time studies for each Logistics process
- Assist with and support current 5S program
- Development of Current and Future State maps according to the Lean Operations Roadmap
- Development of visual controls and aids to insure compliance in production
- Creates an atmosphere for development of new concepts, ideas and methods to support continuous improvement in the department.
- Supports various team meetings, such as the Daily Production meeting, Program Management meetings and Logistics Shop Floor meetings to ascertain critical issues. Develops and maintains open communication and working relations with other departments to meet company goals.
- Learn and track assigned KPIs to ensure the optimal performance of assigned Logistics areas
- Develop and support subordinates in the Inventory area
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor degree (BS or BBA) is required with a minimum of 2 year experience in:
- Process Improvements.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Logistics/Warehouse environment
- Familiarity with SAP, JIT, Inventory Control principles and Process improvement methodologies (Process mapping, DMAIC, SPC, etc.)
- Must have good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Must have working knowledge in MS Project and SAP.
Certificates and Licenses:
Lean six sigma green belt certification preferred
Directly supervises employees in the Inventory area. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints; organizing and encouraging teamwork; communicating with other departments; accurately understanding, delivering and fulfilling objectives and directions from upper management; carrying out responsibilities for the use of computerized systems (SAP); safety and cleanliness of the warehouse work areas
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.