As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Industrial Engineer II
Job ID: 2018-1343
The Industrial Engineer will be working together with Quality, Engineering, Logistics, Program Management and Production Planning. This position is responsible for executing change using process improvement methodologies, assisting in implementing the organization’s Lean strategy, executing project initiatives, training and mentoring key resources. This position will plan and oversee layout of equipment, conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization, ensuring efficiency and workplace safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Make and update the routings for final assembly
- Make and update the requirement of new tools and fixture orders for final assembly
- Responsible for shop floor photo documentation, standard work instructions
- Responsible for the layout and placement of production material and equipment
- Organization of Kaizen workshops (Continuous Improvement)
- Plan and optimize manufacturing, logistics and final assembly processes
- Define material delivery to assembly lines
- Advise and assist other departments from a production standpoint
- Responsible for time studies, sequence analysis and work load balancing to TAKT time
- Ensure that all production work is balanced to TAKT times
- Perform failure analysis and develop together with production, quality/engineering departments
- effective counter measures
- Assist with and support current 5S program
- Development of Current and Future State Maps
- Development of visual controls and aids to insure compliance in production
- Ability to work in teams and get positive results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related area or related work experience
- 1 - 3 years of experience in field or the related area (Production / Industrial engineering)
- Knowledge of manufacturing planning processes, concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering processes, concepts and procedures.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook required
Certificates and Licenses:
Formal Lean and /or Six Sigma trained and certified
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.