As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Industrial Engineer II
Working in a fast-paced team environment, the IE will work cross-functionally across the organization including Quality, Program Management, Logistics, Planning, Manufacturing Engineer, and Manufacturing. This position is responsible for executing change using process improvement methodologies, assisting in implementing the organization’s Lean strategy, executing project initiatives, training and mentoring key resources. This position will plan and oversee layout of equipment, conducts studies in Operations Value Stream to maximize work flow and space utilization, ensuring efficiency and workplace safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Interfaces with quality, manufacturing engineer, planning and production to integrate new products or processes into the existing production area
- Effectively utilize Lean, Six Sigma and other CI methodologies in an appropriate and efficient manner to support Operations Value Stream (From Receiving to Shipping)
- Develop and execute Value Stream Maps (current and future) according to the Lean Operations Roadmap
- Assist and support current 5S program
- Lead, participate and support Kaizen Events and A3’s projects
- Interfaces with manufacturing engineer, logistics and production to develop shop floor photo documentation and standard work instructions
- Interface with manufacturing engineer to maintain the requirement of new tools and fixtures in the routings for final assembly
- Develop and maintain routings for final assembly
- Develop and maintain documentation that support production flow (seat run, sequence of drawings etc.)
- Responsible for time studies, sequence analysis, capacity-labor analysis and development work load balancing using Cycle Time for production area
- Ensure that all production work is balanced to Cycle Time and produce product to TAKT time
- Responsible for time studies for logistics process
- Define and optimize material delivery to assembly lines
- Responsible for the layout and placement of production material and equipment for Operations Value Stream
- Support failure analysis and develops together with production, quality/engineering departments effective counter measures
- Support the implementation of Root Cause Corrective Action
- Comfortable providing formal and informal training coaching and sharing best practices
- Ability to work in teams and get positive results
- Creates an atmosphere for development of new concepts, ideas and methods to support continuous improvement in the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering being preferred.
- 5-10 years related experience with a combination of Associates Engineering degree education
- 6– 8 years of experience in field or the related area (Production / Industrial engineering / Logistics or Warehouse environment)
- Knowledge of industrial engineering processes, concepts and procedures
- Knowledge of manufacturing planning processes, concepts and procedures
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a Plus
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Team and AutoCAD required
- SAP knowledge
Certificates and Licenses:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.