Job ID: 2021-1547
Performs skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor construction work in the buildings to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet RECARO standards. May train less-skilled employees in facilities maintenance. Assists Facilities management in planning work, identifying staff training needs, and in project management. Duties may fall into a variety of trades, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, fire safety and keys/security systems. Support housekeeping and maintenance functions by supervising the teams to maintain the facility cost-effectively at optimum cleanliness. Adjusts priorities of assignments to meet overall dynamic business requirements
- Performs preventative maintenance on building systems, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and control systems and related components; tests system competency and component devices and evaluates performance. Assists FMS management in planning and scheduling preventative maintenance work and recommends approaches to preventative maintenance programs.
- Repairs and maintains a variety of facilities systems, components and structures; repairs building plumbing, low-voltage, and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, fire and life safety protection equipment/systems, sprinkler systems, sensors and related hardware and software; constructs and maintains indoor/outdoor facilities, fans, lights and related; conducts structural inspections for safety.
- Facilitates relationships with external service providers (HVAC, Elevator, Electricians, etc…) as needed for maintenance and repair. Assist in determining if in-house or external contractor support is needed. Coordinate the activities of a variety of outside contractors who provide services for the Company facilities including soliciting, negotiating and managing contracting bids
- Performs service and preventative maintenance on small motorized, e.g. Forklifts; troubleshoots equipment problems and identifies when appropriate for external service provider to make repairs or perform warranty work.
- Identifies repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance of contractors or vendors; participates in estimates and evaluations of project costs; monitors work of vendors or contractors; assists in the review of new construction or remodel plans to assure compliance with facility maintenance standards.
- Accesses and makes all levels of adjustments to computerized control systems, such as for lighting or energy management systems; and troubleshoots control system problems.
- Proactively coordinates a variety of Environmental auditing, reporting and new program activities supporting overall plant goals of zero controllable incidents, recycling/waste minimization and full compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Performs recordkeeping related to preventative maintenance and repair so that RECARO makes the most efficient and effective use of computerized maintenance management and service request systems; tracks and closes assigned work orders; may monitor work orders assigned to others and assist them in managing work orders.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of the company's facilities.
- Responds to facility related emergencies and closure. Assists with tasks required in preparing to open building(s) after a closure including snow and ice removal, systems and equipment checks and start-up operations as assigned.
- Assists in structural safety and fire inspections.
- Support in the safe operational condition of all facilities systems. Create and manage the Company Lock out/Tag out program
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
- Maintain door keys system(s) and Alarm system(s)
- Promote and maintain full compliance with Federal and State Environmental regulations and Agencies within Company guidelines.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Facilities Management, Business Management, preferred or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in managing 3rd party vendor and service providers
- Project Management experience, including Capital Expenditures
- Adept at using a wide variety of common hand tools, including power tools
- Ability to read/comprehend schematics and technical information and document improvements made to systems.
- Ability to use CAD tools preferred.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.