As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Electrical Engineer II
Responsible for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects, as it pertains to IFE/Electrical or Actuation systems. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned electrical engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable Airframe requirements, IFE supplier requirements, customer requirements, accepted engineering practices, as well as RECARO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants. Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Coordinates all aspects of the electrical design and integration of electronics into aircraft seats. This includes the coordination of designers, design engineers and coordination with project engineers, certification engineers and product support personnel.
- Coordinates design meetings with other project engineers to discuss engineering issues, including design changes and requests from customers.
- Creates Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs), thru the review and interpretation of IFE/Electrical Vendor testing procedures and testing hardware.
- Creates Grounding Bonding Calculations (ELDs) thru the calculations of resistance of electrical components. Resistance calculated thru the resistance of the ground path from possible ground fault to "Earth Ground" point.
- Completes root cause analysis on MRB (Material Review Board) actions, and presents resolutions to the Engineering, Quality and Operations Departments.
- Interfaces with outside suppliers (IFE/Electrical) during the design process.
- Effectively participates and contributes in telecoms with overseas engineers and program management by applying manufacturing engineering knowledge, discussing manufacturing issues, and also suggesting potential seat development topics and innovations
- Experience in the use of Airframe (Boeing/Airbus) regulations, as well as the use of parts lists with high variant diversity is desired
- Must have advanced knowledge and understanding of aircraft seat manufacturing processes, in order to assure that the appropriate manufacturing procedures are utilized to meet the requirements of individualized client specifications.
- Creation of electrical block diagrams or Schematics by interpreting IFE/Electrical Vendor drawings, documentation and specifications.
- Plans, schedules and tracks engineering tasks; provides detailed reports to Program Management and Engineering Manager under the supervision of an Electrical Engineer.
- Summarizes technical customer requirements, communicates this to the team and ensures customer expectations are being met
- Responds to concerns of customers by making changes, in regards to IFE/Electrical component integration, in a manner that meets customer expectations and are in conformance with applicable regulations under the supervision of the Project Engineer.
- Supports Purchasing and Production by providing bills of materials and documentation to support sourcing of components and their integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering with 2-7 years of experience.
Technical & Personal Skills
- Experience in the design and certification of Electrical Components installed in Aircraft interiors is preferred.
- Knowledge of PLM based database systems such as Teamcenter, Agile or Enovia is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Multicultural exposure a plus.
- Experience in the design and certification of Electrical Components installed in Aircraft interiors is required.
- Advanced knowledge about aircraft documentation systems for after sales (CMM, SB) and aircraft configuration control systems is desired.
- A minimum of 2 years’ of experience in CATIA V5 and electrical design/wire routing modules within CATIA V5 is required.
- Good understanding of software programming and software configuration control is a plus.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.