As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
DMU Designer II
Construction and analysis of CAD assemblies and overall seat models for functionality and mountability consisting of 3D models of the design. Installation space creation and administration, 3D layout investigations, assembly and installation checks with the aim of ensuring a smooth, functional assembly of parts/components to the overall seat and installation/removal of the overall seating system into/from the flight deck.
- Development and updating of the Digital Mock Up based on parts lists and detailed designs of the design department.
- Performing data quality checks of the 3D models of the design according to criteria (e.g. compliance with the zero point definition) Performing BOM comparisons with 3-D models, displaying the resulting delta and its effect on function as well as creating or supplementing parts lists based on specifications of the platform.
- Execution of static and dynamic (motion simulation) collision analyses to validate the mountable, functional product with software tools Catia / Teamcenter to defined milestones in the project or as part of the change process (DC).
- Evaluation and categorization of collisions (according to relevant, irrelevant, to be checked in hardware... ), as well as according to the criticality. (Function not given, function limited, mountability not given... ).
- Carrying out studies on ease of installation (e.g. accessibility of screw connections with standard tools), investigation of the installation sequence of the components in production, installation simulation of the seats in the aircraft taking into account given requirements and boundary conditions(e.g. Aisle width, fuselage geometry, door width and existing other installations such as galleys and monuments), analysis of the ease of maintenance of defined components (LRUs).
- Documentation of the above-mentioned investigations in the form of presentations for the platform for submission to authorities and OEMs.
- Presentation of relevant results from the above-mentioned investigations in the project team, definition of necessary actions for the design, support and advice to the design in the development of solutions. If necessary, make design changes according to clear specifications as a suggestion for design.
- Tracking of the processing of problems by designing and displaying the processing status on the basis of suitable overview lists, graphic representations and KPIs.
- Testing and approval of the fully detailed 3D seat models according to the construction documents (parts list, layout, envelope drawing) to ensure that the delivery status is mapped with regard to geometry, equipment, function and interfaces to the aircraft.
- Creation of simplified 3D models of the seats for OEMs and customers based on guidelines to ensure recaro IPs (Intellectual Properties) before sending data and or to meet the OEMs' file size requirements. In addition, creation of reduced envelope geometries, generation of motion volume and areas for moving components and enrichment of the models with other features such as Eye Point, SRP, CRP...
- Testing and approval of the simplified 3D models according to the construction documents (parts list, layout, envelope drawing) to ensure that the delivery status is mapped with regard to geometry, equipment, function and interfaces to the aircraft.
- Make part, assembly and arrangement drawings (e.g. layout and envelope drawings) according to design specifications (e.B sketches, drafts) according to scale and production and coordinate them with the responsible authorities. Create views, sections, unfolds, penetrations, projections, etc. with manageable geometries or processes and check for plausibility.
- Preparation of design data and concept models for prototype production taking into account specified manufacturing conditions such as minimum milling radius, overhangs, modelsize.
- Perform subject-related technical calculations with elementary formulas (e.B. volumes, weights, lever ratios, material utilization).
- Creation of external work packages. Support of the commissioned service providers. Acceptance of the commissioned volumes.
A minimum of a H.S. degree required plus 3-7 years of experience in design work.
- Knowledge of PLM based database systems such as Teamcenter, Agile or Enovia is required.
- Knowledge about aircraft documentation systems for after sales (CMM, SB) and aircraft configuration control systems is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in CATIA V5.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.