As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Commodity Manager - Metals
Job ID: 2021-1584
The Commodity Manager is responsible for all sourcing and procurement activities to ensure the appropriate supply base is being utilized and that all efficiencies are being recognized. This position will lead a commodity team to ensure that the right parts conform to all drawings and specifications. Additionally this position will collaborate with all functional teams as well as other business units to achieve all business goals as well as supply chain strategies. Manage supply base and maintain partnerships with suppliers while communicating performance metrics and scorecards on a regular basis. Implement best practices within the purchasing organization to establish lean operations to maximize efficiencies. Collaborate with other functional areas to align strategies and operations to meet company goals. The Commodity Manager is also responsible to develop, implement und regularly update a regional sourcing strategy for the specific commodity in cooperation with RAG.
- Follow all office safety policies
- Ensure compliance with all shop floor safety regulations when participating in activities within any production, logistics, warehousing, or staging areas.
- Ensure compliance with all RECARO policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Ensure compliance with any regulatory or governing body to include, but not limited to, AS9100, EN9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, FAA, EASA, Airbus, or Boeing
- Manage operational metrics to ensure PO’s are placed on time and goods are received on time and in full.
- Manage all cost initiatives to completion to align with company strategy and goals.
- Ensure monthly reviews are conducted with key suppliers to monitor cost, quality, schedule, risks, capacity, and forecast.
- Communicate supplier performance across the global supply chain
- Manage all mitigation and recovery plans
- Participate on the global supply chain strategy committee to establish best practices
- Support RECARO global sourcing strategy to include sourcing in low cost countries, mitigation of exchange rate risk, and cost savings targets
Negotiation and Supplier Selection
- Ensure sourcing board meetings are being held on a regular basis to evaluate quotes and oversee the award of business in RECARO’s best interest.
- Ensure the RECARO global commodity strategy is being executed in accordance with the plan set out for RAU
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree Supply Chain or related field, two (2) years of experience in procurement or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college
- Willing and able to travel throughout the United States and internationally as required.
- 8-10 years of experience in Purchasing, Materials Management, Supply Chain, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience leading teams
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.