As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Certification Engineer II
The Certification Engineer II is responsible for working with the internal program team, installers, suppliers, FAA, EASA and designees to research and to plan and execute large and small scale certification programs.
- Work as part of the certification team with FAA designees in developing certification basis and certification plans
- Liaison with airlines, FAA/EASA and suppliers to ensure timely project completion
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date certification records
- Manage Vendor testing and adherence to schedule to support final certification
- Develop tools, as necessary, to track deliverables, testing, compliance findings, to assure on-time completion of the project
- Reduce risks on programs by providing Risk Management reviews and surfacing issues real-time and providing risk assessment impact
- Interface with regulatory agencies (FAA/EASA/Other) for coordination and approvals
- Develop and execute certification programs with minimal supervision
- Follow internal company processes.
A minimum Bachelors’ degree is required preferably in Aerospace / Mechanical / other engineering with at least 4 years’ relevant engineering experience or Master’s degree preferably in Aerospace / Mechanical / other engineering with at least 2 years’ relevant engineering experience.
Technical Skills and Experience Requirements
- Aircraft Interior certification experience in TSO product testing is required.
- Knowledge on FAA and EASA requirements related to TSO/ETSO and aircraft interior certification.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 21, Part 25.
- Preparing certification plan for dynamic/static testing in support of FAA and EASA requirements and compliance with airframe manufacturer requirements.
- Strong Project Management skills related to certification with the ability to establish track and maintain schedules from multiple suppliers or on multiple projects.
- Risk Management skills; ability to review current issues/program status and identify and manage project risks. Apply expertise in certification and testing in problem solving.
- Exceptional organizational skills, self-motivation, a sense of urgency and sensitivity to deadlines, and detail-oriented style are required.
- Ability to work within or lead teams when required, superior verbal and written communication skills is required.
- Have the ability to work with both domestic and international regulatory compliance offices and form good working relationships.
- Keep up-to-date with Industry guidance and develop new means of compliance, when applicable.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.