As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
A key team member for RECARO, the assembler works to build aircraft seats. This role works on an assembly line, working a variety of assembly stations.
- Assemble various parts into sub or final assemblies either by hand or by use of equipment and small hand tools on a wide variety of production units
- Utilize control sheets and engineering drawings for every process/seat
- Follow standard work provided for each shipset
- Cross train on multiple processes to become flexible within the line
- Mentor other assemblers on processes in which you are certified
- Conduct self-inspections on completed assemblies; not limited to current station
- Maintain a neat, clean, and safe work area and equipment
- All work must meet quality specifications and work specifications operational procedures
- Communicate any issues with control sheets or drawings or to line lead/supervisor immediately
- Communicate any line damages to line lead/supervisor immediately
- Follow all RECARO safety processes and policies
- Identify opportunities to reduce line scrap cost
- Support and maintain 5S initiatives
- Provide feedback to leadership on process improvements
- Participate in line and/or team meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Upon hire, demonstration of mechanical aptitude and potential to assemble station
- Experience with seat assembly preferred
- At least 2 years of working experience in similar environment, preferably doing work of a mechanical nature (or other relevant)
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation such as control sheets or engineering drawings to build the product per specification
- Ability to assemble product according to the product specifications
- Ability to work in a team environment and support RECARO’s business needs
- Must be able to work flexible hours on short notice and overtime
- Good punctuality and attendance is required
- Must display a positive attitude
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.