As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Job ID: 2019-1467
The Spares Assembler I is responsible for assembling all in house assemblies (E Parts) ordered by our customers. This could be anything that pertains to our RECARO seats that require assembly on all seat models.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and BOM’s necessary for assembly.
- Review all necessary BOM’s and drawings needed for assembly.
- Acquiring all hardware (BULK Material) needed for each assembly.
- Making Spares Production Planner aware of any problems that arise or any parts issues.
- Careful and methodical assembly of each PO.
- Providing assembly documentation to Production Planner when an assembly is complete.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Complete process in a manner that supports on time delivery.
- Assist other Spares Operations team members when necessary.
- Work closely with service coordinators and Production Planner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment, implementing 5S guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
- The minimum education requirements include a High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing or assembly preferred
- The position requires a basic understanding of aircraft seat parts
- The position requires a basic understanding of SAP / CDB
- Must be able to read and interpret BOM’s and drawings required for each assembly
- Strong multi-tasking skills; ability to perform well under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to solve problems with little or no guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multicultural background is a plus
Ability to communicate in English both written and verbally. Ability to read, interpret and analyze documents such as BOM’s, drawings and CMM’s. Ability to speak effectively with employees at all levels in the organization.
Working knowledge with a PC. Ability to navigate SAP and CDB recommended.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.