As an international brand company with German roots, we at RECARO pursue the vision of improving the performance of people in motion like no other. In keeping with our tradition, Safety, Quality, and Ingenious Design are at the core of all that we do. This allows us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day and make performance something you can feel: Feel Performance.
In addition to RECARO Holding and RECARO Child Safety, our corporate group also includes RECARO Aircraft Seating headquartered in Schwäbisch Hall. We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction, and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the following position at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date:
Completes intermediate activities of Designer work, including designing aircraft seats and components in compliance with FAA regulations, and customer and OEM requirements. Complete piece part and assembly design using CATIA Version 4 and 5, including 3D modeling and drawing drafting.
- Utilizing knowledge of CAD 2D/3D systems (CATIA v5), design aircraft seats and components that meet customer expectations and are in conformance to applicable regulations. This includes the detail design of complex sheet metal, machined, cast or forged metal components, as well as injection molded or vacuum formed plastic components.
- Generate 2D drawings based on created 3D models, using standard aerospace drafting practices, as well as in house drafting standards.
- Responds to concerns of customers by making design changes in seat design and components in a manner that meets customer expectations and are in conformance with applicable regulations.
- Participates in design meetings with project engineers to discuss engineering issues, including design changes and requests from customers.
- Supports Purchasing and Production by providing the necessary documentation to support sourcing of parts.
- Interfaces with outside suppliers in the design process.
- Participates in telecoms and meetings with the overseas based engineers and program management.
- Assists in creating bills of material for aircraft seat components and assemblies.
- Assists in creating design change notification documents.
- Creates presentations outlining design direction and/or design issues.
- Experience in the use of CFR, EASA CS, (E)TSO regulations, as well as the use of parts lists with high variant diversity is desired.
- A minimum of a H.S. degree required plus 3-5 years of experience in design work.
- Knowledge of PLM based database systems such as Teamcenter, Agile or Enovia is preferred.
- Knowledge about aircraft documentation systems for after sales (CMM, SB) and aircraft configuration control systems is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in CATIA v5 or similar.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with RECARO.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.